Quick and Easy to Install
With its reduced weight, the Sunny Boy can be installed quickly while taking up minimal space. The Sunny Boy can be commissioned quickly via smartphone or tablet thanks to its web interface.
- One-person installation due to low weight of 17.5 kg.
- Compact design through minimum space requirements.
- Quick installation thanks to external connections.
- Intuitive commissioning and local monitoring via a smartphone or tablet
Battery Ready Anytime
With SMA’s intelligent AC-coupled technology, your Sunny Boy PV system is battery ready at anytime. Sunny Boy Storage can be added to your PV system and allow you to start storing your excess solar generation. And thanks to the SMA Automatic Backup Unit, your battery system can power your home in the event of a blackout.
- Automatic inverter updates.
- Intelligent energy management and storage solutions can be added anytime.
- Can be combined with TS4-R components for module optimisation
Performance in the Shade
Partial shade on a PV array is sometimes unavoidable. If not correctly managed, it can affect the performance of your entire system. But with the patented SMA ShadeFix function in your Sunny Boy, the effect of partial shade is minimised allowing your PV system to operate as though there was no shade.
Investment Security Included
With SMA Smart Connected, SMA offers free and automatic inverter monitoring that helps installers to provide customers with a quick, targeted service. If an inverter fails, SMA proactively informs the PV system owner and the installer. In this way, PV system owners and installers benefit from minimized diagnosis and downtime. If it is necessary to replace the inverter, SMA sends a replacement device fast and free of charge.